On August 29, the Saints announced team roster moves that the club had acquired QB Teddy Bridgewater from the New York Jets in a trade. Here are five things to know about the newest Saints quarterback:
- During the 2018 preseason, Bridgewater has completed 28-of-38 passes (73.7%) for 316 yards with two touchdowns, one interception and a 104.7 passer rating in the preseason for the Jets, prior to being acquired by the Saints.
- In his rookie season with the Vikings in 2014, Teddy led all qualified rookies in completion percentage and passer rating for the season, completing 72.1% of his passes for a 103.0 rating over the season's final five weeks. He also earned Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors.
- Bridgewater set a school record at Louisville with a 68.4% completion percentage and threw only 24 interceptions in 1,142 attemps. He also led the Cardinals to three bowl appearances during his three seasons while also earning MVP honors in the 2013 Sugar Bowl win over #4-ranked Florida.
- Teddy served as the Grand Marshall of the 2015 Kentucky Derby and gave the "Riders Up" command at the start of the race.
- Bridgewater was the inspiration for the children's book, "Little Bear Teddy: Big Dream Come True," written by his girlfriend, Erika Cardona.